Have you moved to Joensuu from abroad for work or are you planning to do so? We will help you and your family settle in and adapt to your new life in Joensuu.

We will help you communicate with public authorities and search for an apartment. We also offer guidance in questions related to residence permits and finding hobbies. Our services are free of charge.

International House Joensuu helps with the following:

  • assistance with residence permits
  • finding an apartment
  • opening a bank account
  • registration with the Digital and Population Data Services Agency
  • learning the Finnish language
  • matters related to day care and school
  • health servicesfree time and hobbies

If you have a job in Joensuu, you can apply for an apartment from the city’s rental real estate company Joensuun Kodit. You can send your application electronically before arriving in Finland. For more information on applying for an apartment, please contact Joensuun Kodit or us.

Book a consultation appointment via e-mail or by calling us:
International House Joensuu
Tel. +358 (0)13 337 0333


Learn more about the service (in English) (pdf.)

Yhteystiedot - asettautumispalvelu


International House Joensuu 013 337 0333